Sunday, January 08, 2012

Best of 2011!

I'm actually going to do four different 'best' categories. The first will be makeup, the second will be beauty, the third will be fashion, and the last will be random. Sorry, it took me awhile to post this!

Makeup:

My favorite foundation/concealer has been the Neutrogena Skin-Clearing Makeup in warm beige. I don't need a full coverage foundation, so I actually use this as a concealer for my blemishes and any acne scars. It looks really natural, but you need about two layer to really cover it up.
The best mascara would be any of the volume express mascaras from Maybelline. I have tried them all except for the turbo and the falsies flared. They all really lengthen and thicken the lashes without clumping them together and the black, is very black! The formula isn't too dry or wet, but I would say it was on the wetter side. Overall, any of them are foolproof!
My favorite eyeshadow/eyeshadow palette would have to be the Coastal Scents 88 Original palette. There is such a wide variety of colors that range from neutrals to hot pinks and icy blues. They are all very pigmented and have a soft, buttery consistency. It's also very cheap I believe, but I'm not positive on the number (it was a gift).
The best face powder (this includes foundations, bronzers, highlighters, or blushes) would definitely be the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder. I adore this! I used throughout the summer and I still use it in the winter, but very sparingly. It has zero shimmer so it looks very natural and the shade will work on a lot of different skin tones. It has been one of my makeup staples this entire year.
My favorite eyeliner would no doubt be the Jordana Fabuliner in Black. You can find it at Kmart for around $3 and it should really be worth a whole lot more. It is a felt tip marker that is very easy to use. It creates a smooth line that dries quickly so you don't have to worry about it transferring onto your lid. It's also very black and you don't have to retrace the line to get that dramatic look.
The best lip product is surprisingly the Maybelline Baby Lips. More specifically the reddish toned one, Cherry Me. They leave a beautiful wash of color as well as being super moisturizing. It's everything you will ever need in a lip product. It takes the place of chapstick/lipstick/and gloss. I have a review if you want a more in depth description.

I actually don't have time to finish all four categories, so I am going to turn this into a really small miniseries. I also want to sat that I have not forgot about my 2012 Trends series or my winged eyeliner tutorial. I just have been really busy, but don't worry I will be getting around to doing both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment