Monday, September 03, 2012

Review: Suave Professional Dry Shampoo and Conditioner


About two weeks ago, I went out with the intention of buying the Got 2 Be Dry Shampoo, but came out with the Suave one instead. It was around $2 cheaper at I believe $4. It has quickly become a new holy grail item of mine. It blasts away greasy roots and flat, stringy strands. Quick warning though, it comes out white, so if you have dark brown- black hair, be careful with the application. Since my roots are a light brown, I spray it in at night and brush it through. By the morning, it's all soaked in and it's back to it's normal color. I usually use this on third day hair because my hair is pretty dry and on the thicker side. I do have to wash my hair on the fourth day though. That's about as far as I'm willing to stretch it. So after I raved to my mother about this shampoo, she came back the next day with the matching conditioner. I had never heard of dry conditioner before that, and was skeptical at exactly what this product would do to my hair. Well let me tell you what it did for my hair, it made it shiny, soft, silky, and slicked down little frizzies. WARNING: A little goes a long way with this stuff. Try to only apply two or three sprays on the mid shafts and ends of your hair. Brush it through and you should be good, but if you go overboard it can make your hair flat. I like to use this after I'm done styling my hair because it comes out clear, so I don't have to worry about it looking unnatural. The main gist, is it's an amazing hair product that's unique and cheap. A can of the conditioner is about half the size of the shampoo, but it's also a dollar less. They both smell like heaven, but the conditioner has a stronger, more lingering scent. If you're not big on fragrance than I would not recommend either of these.

Overall Rating (Out of 5 stars):
Conditioner: 4.5          Shampoo: 4

Scent: 
Conditioner: 3            Shampoo: 4

Price: 
Conditioner: 5           Shampoo: 5 

Lives up to it's promise?: 
Conditioner: 5           Shampoo: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment